It’s the time of month where we all share our Foodie Penpals posts with each other. Below is the link to our February Foodie Penpals linkup page. I can’t host it directly on my blog, as Lindsay used to, but this ought to do. If anyone has suggestions about how to make the linkup better (fitter, happier, more productive), please drop me a line, I’d love to hear from you.
Please add your links as you wish!
Not sure what Foodie Penpals is? Let me tell you a little more about it…
- Foodie Penpals is free to sign up for, and there’s a link a little further down so you can get started
- Participants are matched to two people – one person to send to, one to receive from – on the 5th of the month
- Penpals send thoughtful, food related parcels, on or before the 20th of the month. The parcels can include home baked treats, shop bought treats (especially local or unusual things), cake cases or decorations – use your imagination. The parcel must include something hand written – a note explaining the box’s contents, a recipe card, whatever you like. The price limit for the boxes is £10 – this is a limit, the point is not the cost, but the thought (no, really!)
- Penpals open their boxes and rejoice!
- At the end of the month, everyone blogs about their box, or writes a guest blog post if they are usually a blog reader and not writer. Everyone reads one another’s posts and rejoices some more.
- You can take part for as long as you still want to – if you need a month off here and there, you can opt in and out as you like
Who’s taking part next month, you ask? Here’s a peek at the different countries we already have represented. Don’t see yours? You know what to do…
You can find out more and sign up using these links:
- Foodie Penpals – How it Works
- Foodie Penpals – Terms and Conditions
- Foodie Penpals – Sample Email
- Foodie Penpals – Postage Finders
- The original Foodie Penpals at The Lean Green Bean, for US and Canada penpals
Sign up before March 4th, and you’ll get your first matches on March 5th!