Another award! It’ll go to my head if you’re not all careful. This time it’s the Kreativ Blogger Award, for which I was nominated by the endlessly creative Nina at Tabkhet el yom, who very much deserved her own nomination. Nina gives us Lebanese recipes from her own family, as well as other recipes which have caught her eye along the way. Thanks Nina!
The rules for this award are as follows:
- Thank the blogger who gave me the award and provide a link. Thanks again Nina!
- List 7 things about myself that my readers might find interesting
- Nominate 7 other bloggers, provide links, and let them know
Seven interesting things, eh? That is pretty tricky but I’ll give it a go…
- I am the youngest in my family – there’s a ten year gap between my brother and I, and another three years between my brother and sister. I’m not sure if I’m a typical youngest child; I might be a mix of youngest child with a hint of only child syndrome, since I was still quite young when both Miss J and Mr B moved out of my mum and dad’s. What a charming combination that is, I’m sure.
- The first thing I remember baking is fairy cakes, when I was in the Brownies (that’s like the girl guides). I remember typing the recipe out of my handbook onto our computer and printing it out so I could keep it in the kitchen. It was a reliable recipe! But I’ve never been good at icing…
- I am going off cake. I’m not going off chocolate, which I’d probably prefer… I am not going off baking, thankfully because it bring me and other a lot of happiness (and sugar), but eating the finished result isn’t as high on my list of priorities any more.
- I like to make a Sunday roast, but I always get stressed out about the gravy. I refuse to use Bisto, though stock cubes do get put in occasionally…
- I will clap along to any music, throwing in the eighties hand clap which is a double clap on every fourth or eighth beat. This is an annoying habit, but I do it all the time anyway. Sorry.
- I love the Harry Potter films and books, and yes, I know they are for children. The good thing about being an adult is you can choose whatever you like to watch and read. This includes children’s books and ‘family’ films.
- I overuse the exclamation mark. I’m aware of doing it, but it seems necessary to convey my meaning a lot of the time. This is an open apology to the overused exclamation mark.
Now, for my seven nominations I choose:
- Jingersnaps - Jinger is a very cool chick who likes Shaun of the Dead and also writes a darn cool blog. She does ALL THE THINGS like knitting and baking and taking photos and gardening.
- Movita Beaucoup - Movita is another very cool chick. Jinger and I both have blogging girl crushes on her. Shhh… Movita does cooking and such but also teaches ballet – a diverse lady.
- Nice Things in My LIfe - this is a sweet and pretty blog about all the facets of homemaking and fill of, you guessed it, beautiful things.
- Eat, Play, Love - this is a family blog, with beautiful photos of all the family getting involved in preparing lovely meals.
- The Pescetarian and the Pig - mainly I like this blog because of the picture of the pig. Dawwwww! But also all the food and photos are really stylish and great fun to browse through.
- The Big Fat Noodle - I’ve only just started following this blog and already I’ve seen loads of recipes that I’ve never seen before. Yum!
- Susartandfood – Susie writes stories to precede every recipe; some are funny, some thought-provoking, all worth a read *plus* there is great food, to boot.