I found this awesome Foodie Penpals idea over at The Lean Green Bean. It’s a way for food bloggers and blog readers to get to know each other, via a lovely parcel in the mail every month! I thought we definitely should bring it here to the UK and Europe. Here’s the rough outline of how it works:
- All interested parties in the UK and Europe – bloggers and blog readers alike – sign up by the form available at the bottom of the Terms and Conditions post
- Participants are matched on the 5th of the month
- Penpals send thoughtful, food related parcels, on or before the 20th of the month. The parcels can include home baked treats, shop bought treats (especially local or unusual things), cake cases or decorations – use your imagination. The parcel must include something hand written – a note explaining the box’s contents, a recipe card, whatever you like. The price limit for the boxes is £10 – this is a limit, the point is not the cost, but the thought (no, really!)
- Penpals open their boxes and rejoice!
- At the end of the month, everyone blogs about their box, or writes a guest blog post if they are usually a blog reader and not writer. Blog posts can be shared everywhere on social media, and especially on our Foodie Penpals Facebook Page.
Now, here are the specifics. Please take the time to read How it Works and the Terms and Conditions. I’ve put that in bold because everyone knows things in bold are important even if they do have the unfortunate side effect of making one look a bit pompous, especially when used in conjunction with the word ‘one’. Please, please read them, though. It is so much easier all round if we are all on the same page, in this case literally.
Once you’ve read all the necessary words, join in, it’s easy! Just fill out the form on the T&Cs page. When you sign up, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions. There is nothing onerous in them though, don’t worry. Mwa ha ha ha… Ahem…
The deadline for joining is the 4th of each month (more bold writing). I look forward to hearing from you. If you don’t get a confirmation email from me within a few days, please get in touch!