Here are the basics on how Foodie Penpals works here in Europe. The T&Cs page gives a bit more detail and outlines everyone’s responsibilities.
- You read through How it Works and the Terms and Conditions, then sign up by filling out the contact form at the bottom of the T&Cs page.
- On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via an emailed spreadsheet. You will have two penpals – one to send to, and one to receive from.
- You email the penpal you are sending to and ask them about their preferences, and for their address. Not sure what to ask? Check here.
- You will have until the 20th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. Please make sure you get your box in the mail on time, and earlier if possible, especially if you’re sending overseas!
- The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, for example local foods, home baked treats, cake decorations – use your imagination! The box must also include something written. This can be anything – a note explaining what’s in the box, a fun recipe or a foodie postcard are all some nice ideas.
- The spending limit is £10 or €10. This is an upper limit and not a fixed price, and does NOT include the price of postage.
- On the last week day of the month (ie Monday to Friday), post on your blog about what you got in your parcel, and add your link to Lindsay’s lovely link up post at The Lean Green Bean.
- If you’re a non-blogging reader, you can choose to write a short guest post for the blogger who sent your parcel. This is completely optional, and something you can discuss with your penpal.
- If you’re on twitter, you can use the hashtag #foodiepenpals when tweeting about your parcel. Don’t forget the “s” on the end – #foodiepenpals, not #foodiepenpal.
If you have any questions you can contact me – leave a comment, tweet me, send an email, get me on Facebook… I am wired for sound in all these areas. If you’re ready to sign up, take a minute to go and read the T&Cs, which are brief and non-contentious. By signing up you are confirming that you have read and agree with them.