Foodie Penpals is a fun way to get involved in the blogging community, to meet other bloggers and to discover new blogs. I hope that everyone has a great time, and that there are never any hiccups in the process! I’ve laid out these T&Cs to make it clear what all of our responsibilities are. I am always available if you have any questions or ideas about the programme. I have also added a page with links to postage finders – please feel free to send me a link to your country’s postal service site, to share with other participants.
By signing up to participate in Foodie Penpals, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
- You will be assigned two penpals each month – one to send to, and one to receive from. These penpals may be in your own country or another European country, and they may or may not write a blog. I cannot offer a service where bloggers are only matched with other bloggers, or where you are always matched with someone in a different country.
- You will contact the person you are matched with within 72 hours of receiving your match to discuss dietary needs, allergies and food preferences.
- If the penpal you are sending to has not heard from you by the end of the day on the 12th of the month, your penpals will be reassigned and you will be removed from the Foodie Penpals list.
- You will make an effort to meet the dietary needs of your penpal – ie not sending animal products to vegans, dairy products if your match tries to avoid dairy or junk food if they ask for healthy snacks.
- You will mail your box by the 20th of the month or before. If it is impossible for you to mail by the 20th, you will ensure that you pay extra postage to get the parcel to its destination quickly and alert your penpal that their parcel may be late.
- The cost of your parcel will not exceed £10. You may adjust how much you spend on your parcel to reflect the higher cost of postage if sending to a foreign country.
- You are responsible for deciding how to post your parcel. My suggestion for posting within the UK is second class recorded delivery. If your parcel is heavy or large it will, of course, be more expensive, so bear this in mind while shopping and packing. See the Postage Finder for more detailed information.
- You will obtain a receipt for your parcel – this is free of charge, all you have to do is ask for one, even if you are not using a recorded delivery service.
- I regret to say that if your match does not receive a package for the month, and you cannot provide a receipt for your postage, you will no longer be able to participate in the programme.
- In the event that you do not receive a package, neither Lindsay and The Lean Green Bean blog nor Carol Anne and the Rock Salt blog can be held accountable. By agreeing to participate in FPP, we cannot 100% guarantee that you will receive a package. Despite everyone’s best efforts, mail does go astray occasionally.
- You may opt out at any time, by contacting Carol Anne at Rock Salt via email or the Foodie Penpals contact form. You can then opt back in when you’re ready, by doing the same.
- If I do not hear from you by the 3rd of the month, I will assume that you wish to participate in that month’s parcel swap and will assign you a penpal. Participation will not be confirmed by me on a month to month basis.
- Your email address, Twitter ID and blog address will be held in a spreadsheet by Carol Anne at Rock Salt. This spreadsheet will be shared with other members of the Foodie Penpals community, in the UK, Europe, US and Canada, but will never be used for any other purpose than Foodie Penpals. You will provide your penpal with a postal address each month. This information will not be held by Carol Anne at Rock Salt.
Failure to comply with these terms and conditions is grounds for removal from the Foodie Penpals Program. By signing up you agree to the terms and conditions.
If you do not receive a confirmation email from me within a few days, please get in touch!
Sign up here for UK and Europe Foodie Penpals!
US and Canada penpals, head on over to The Lean Green Bean and sign up there